Thursday, June 08, 2006

Please

Please please please, she said. I had imagined before that with hot pavement of a parking lot pressed to one ear, and the colder barrel of a gun pressed to the other, that anyone would turn out to be the most polite bastard you’ll ever meet. But she seemed different, I thought if I pushed any harder, the tears would start spurting from her eyes. Either she actually had something to live for, or she was really good at convincing me of it. Even having been convinced of her innocence or will to live, or both, I still find it hard not to pull a trigger. But I never did anything, I never did anything, she said in the broken staccato through her sobs. It was a good thing too, for her own good, I would have done more than leave the little crater surrounded by the little lake and rivers flowing from it I drew the chalk outline myself… I’ve always wanted to do that…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home