Thursday, June 08, 2006

Cigarettes and Bubblegum

The aroma of cigarettes and bubble gum follows her in as she snatches the eyes of everyone in the place. Like a black cat, vicious and ready to pounce, she’s got “fuck you” written all over her, and breathes it with every word. She’ll bite your neck off then and there if you even think about pissing her off. Scowling around a quick look for an open seat she chooses quickly and sits down.

You look so cute when you’re frustrated.

Snap back to reality. Wait did I just say something? I don’t even know you, my God, what have I started… ok good… I didn’t say anything out loud.

She’s got a certain darkness about her, like some one who has brought this cloud over me, though I have never seen her before. She is far from graceful in the “swan-like” respect of the word, but something makes up for it, she is graceful in her own way, something I’ve never seen before. She looks so deadly, like she could find a way to hate you if she only knew who you were for five seconds.

Her eyes, so piercing, so harsh she could suck the soul right our of you with her stare, but also somehow transforming when she wants, soft, friendly, and welcoming even if in a dark angel sort of way. After staring off into somewhere, I see, while watching her through my peripheral vision she slowly snaps me into her sights. While she’s saying something I freeze for a second, wait, she’s talking… in my direction, fuck man, do something. Whiplash back to reality, crashing-to-earth-like.

I say, “What?” Brilliant. She replies, restating something that is of no immediate relevance or concern of mine so I listen to her, even though I am only listening to her voice, watching her mouth. I give her some bullshit, simple foolproof reply, and go back to floating in my daydreaming as I feel the terrific glory of her icy gaze sweeping away from my scrawny frame.

By this point, I wanted to do something; I wanted to do so many things at once. I wanted to jump up and ask her a million questions. I wanted to scream at her to stay the hell away from me. I wanted to creep closer and closer toward the open fire and feel it searing the flesh off my bones. I wanted to feel acid coursing through my thin veins. I wanted to drink in, pour over me, and bathe in every poison left on the earth. I wanted to drive off a cliff just to have her peel me from the wreckage. And then I woke up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home